Do you have interrupted sleep?
Do you require an alarm to wake up and then struggle to get going?
Do wake up most mornings still exhausted?
Do you feel moody, irritable or experience poor concentration during the day?
Do you snore or suffer from restless leg syndrome or nightmares?
If any of the above scenarios are familiar to you, realize that you are not alone. Research studies show that approximately 25% of people suffer from some form of sleep disorder.
Frequent sleep disturbances and daytime sleepiness are also the most telling signs of poor sleep hygiene. In addition, if you’re taking too long to fall asleep, you should consider evaluating and revising your bedtime habits.
The Good News
The good news is there are a variety of relaxation techniques you can use to help you release stress and anxiety from daily life. These are especially effective when used in tandem with a healthy lifestyle.
Here are 5 tips to improve your bedtime habits
1. Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
2. Make sure your bedroom is a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot or too cold.
3. Make sure your bed is comfortable and use it only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV, or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers, and other “gadgets” from the bedroom.
4. Avoid large meals and alcohol before bedtime.
5. Avoid napping during the day. It can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.
When you get quality sleep on a regular basis you will feel more refreshed, have clearer thought processes, energy and feel more upbeat and reduce your risk for serious illness and accidents.
If you are continuing to have symptoms above, you may have an underlying sleep disorder. Furthermore sleep deprivation can impose detrimental effects on you and the people around you.
All of the above are attainable goals. I would love to help you.
If you are looking to learn more or seeking telemedicine services for a sleep issue you’re ready to put to bed then , please send us a text in the secure Klara message box in the bottom right corner of your screen to complete an intake form.
Intakes are available in the Klara portal upon request. Upon completion of an intake, the doctor will either offer an apppointment if your sleep issue is appropriate for her virtual practice or she will make recommendations for in person practices.
If you are not using insurance or seeking personalized care, visit www.restwellpllc.com