Commitment And Carrying It Out: Power To Promise
A commitment is a promise to do some action.
Now that we are safe physically and emotionally, released fear and speaking to self in a compassionate way, our pain is beginning to turn into power. But how do we harness that power so that we can train our actions to move abundantly into our purpose?
One way is to commit to one action that will move your life forward. It can be anything you feel will help you. In turn, you are respecting, honoring and loving yourself.
Some examples of commitments are as follows:
- Forgive yourself and your transgressors.
- Shame and self-guilt are natural feelings. Before I could experience peace, I had to lose the deep feelings of self-guilt and stop torturing myself for speaking my truth.
- I thought it was my fault my family was split apart into separate foster homes after speaking my truth. The reality was, we went into foster care because my father had reaped what he had sown.
- Perhaps you have made mistakes in the past.
- You cannot find peace until you make a promise to yourself to forgive yourself and lose the self guilt. Take ownership of the faults that you’ve committed which left you hurt, angry or set you back. And simply ask God to remove the feelings that they’ve caused.
- You must also forgive your transgressors. Those who hurt you, betrayed you, tried to ruin you, kill your hopes and dreams…etc. ALL of them need to be forgiven. This forgiveness is not for them, it’s for you.
- Oftentimes, those who we hold grudges with have long moved on with their lives, even after they’ve tried to ruin ours. You’ll continue to be tormented over the pain they caused until you finally decide to let it go.
- I forgave my father for my own healing. This doesn’t mean I forgot and allowed him into my circle but I forgave him for the pain he caused me.
- Commitments train our actions to move abundantly into our purpose.
Are you ready to take move your power to promise and purpose?
If you are not assess your motivation and resistance to change (questions found on my blog)
Try a decision balance, one can be found on my blog.
If you are ready to move your power to promise and purpose, learn more in my upcoming book and course RebootRepairRebirth and send me a personal message.
Always remember: if you are not quite ready for healing, don’t despair. Keep reading, keep learning and think about the benefits of changing vs the cons of changing. You are not alone. Talk to your health care provider and come back when you are ready. We will be here when you are ready. We love you and stay safe. Start with your safety plan today. Safety plans can be found on my blog under safety plans.